The Pain Relief Clinic, which offers Osteopathy in West Sussex in Hassocks, is registered with the Institute of Osteopathy, which is the UK’s professional membership organisation for registered Osteopaths. The aims of the institute are to unify, promote, enhance, develop and support the Osteopathic profession, and to thereby improve public health and the quality of patient care.
The Institute of Osteopathy website explains that Osteopathy is a gentle and effective hands-on approach to healthcare, which is based on the principle that the way your body moves has an influence on how it functions. It further states that Osteopaths are highly trained and qualified healthcare professionals, who are recognised by the National Health Service as fully able to diagnose and treat patients.
Working in partnership with its members, the Institute of Osteopathy works to raise standards of care, and improve awareness and understanding benefits of Osteopathic treatment among both the general public and other healthcare professions.
The Institute of Osteopathy Patient Charter outlines the high standards of service to which they encourage all their members to work, and that patients can expect from an Osteopath who is registered with them.
The Institute’s Patient Charter states that…
- Will provide treatment and care that reflects an individual patient’s needs, which includes explaining the diagnosis and the proposed treatment, as well as how to manage the condition in such a way that it will help prevent recurrence.
- Will treat patients with dignity and courtesy, respecting their beliefs and values without discrimination.
- Will explain the different options for treatment open to the patient, agree a course of action with them, and then obtain the patient’s consent before commencing any treatment. Patients are entitled to may withdraw their consent to treatment at any time.
- Will explain the cost of each consultation and treatment, including how many future treatments that might be needed.
- Will ensure that their advice, care or treatment is always safe and appropriate to the individual patient’s needs. Where necessary this may include including involving or referring a patient to other healthcare professionals such as a GP, a consultant or others.
- Will always ensure a that the patient has a safe and comfortable environment for treatment, which will include ensuring that all premises and equipment are clean, suitable and properly used.
- Will ensure their practice only employs suitably qualified and appropriate staff, in order that patients get consistently high quality experience, care and advice.
- And their staff will be able to provide patients with full details of the complaints procedure in use at their particular practice on request. Any and all complaints will be properly investigated, and any appropriate action will be taken.
- Will ensure patients’ personal details and health records are kept strictly confidential. All patient information will not be disclosed without the patient’s written consent, unless they are required to do so by law.
- Will be open and honest with patients should anything go wrong during the time they are caring for the patient.
Are you in pain? Are you suffering silently? Osteopathy at The Pain Relief Clinic can provide treatment and relief for a variety of conditions including back & neck pain, joint problems, backache, sciatica, arthritis and so many other painful conditions.
For a registered Osteopath in West Sussex, call The Pain Relief Clinic on 01273 04 78 81.